The Paleo diet encourages us to eat high quality, nutritious, organic foods, rather than the processed, factory made crap that many of us have been eating our entire lives.
EAT THESE FOODS
- Grass fed meats/wild game
- Wild caught fish
- Free range poultry
- Pastured eggs
- Organic veggies
- Healthy oils/fats: coconut oil,grass-fed butter, and ghee (cooking), virgin olive oil (salad dressings),
- Nuts (avoid peanuts, 2 servings per day max)
- *Starches: Sweet potatoes (one serving per day max)Organic fruits (2 servings or less)
- **Gluten free items
*White Rice is certainly in the gray zone; however, in my experience, I find it a suitable starch on occasion.
**USE YOUR JUDGEMENT: some of these items are loaded with sugar and contain processed ingredients.
DON’T EAT THESE FOODS
- Wheat products of any kind: Bread, Pasta, etc (gluten is the enemy)
- White potatoes
- Sugar, high fructose corn syrup
- Factory processed meats (cold cuts, etc)
- Legumes (all beans, peanuts, etc)
- All grain based products (including corn)
- Dairy (excluding grass-fed butter and ghee)
- Soy based products
- Unhealthy Oils: vegetable oil, canola oil